MRG Gametek är en snabbväxande, innovativ iGamingkoncern som grundades 2007 under namnet Mr.Green. De har sajter såsom Mr.Green, Mama Mia bingo, Vinnarum Casino och bertil. MRG Gametek blev snabbt ett starkt varumärke i Europa och finns idag i ett flertal länder och expanderar fortfarande. I det här blogginlägget kan du läsa om hur vi hjälpte […]
Would you be interested in investigating, exploring, and trying a way of working that might give you:
– shorter lead times
– fewer bugs
– more knowledge transfer
– shorter feedback loops
– happier co-workers that know each other better
– a climate in the team that improves our ability to contribute well
– a decreased need for status and planning meetings
– An environment of amplified learning
– an effective way of on-boarding new team members
Mob Programming is a cost-effective, collaborative and fun way to get work done together. It’s a whole-team approach to development, where coding, designing, testing, and working with the “customer” (partner, Product Owner, User, etc.) is all done as a team. Participants in this workshop experience a day of learning and doing Mob Programming. We cover the mechanics of how to work together as a Mob as well as the techniques that make this form of development so effective.
We’ll learn how a Mob performs sample project work, including user stories, prioritization, test-driven development, refactoring, and retrospectives. Designed and facilitated by Mob Programming pioneer Woody Zuill, this workshop provides a hands-on education in the art of mobbing and it’s significant benefits for your teams.
- How 5+ people can be effective working on just one thing
- Heuristics for team size
- Guidelines for successful collaboration
- Handling competing solutions and ideas to a coding problem
- Encouraging politeness and kindness of team members
- Reducing or eliminating harmful conflicts
- Mobbing Mechanics
- Tools for team coding
- Workspace setup
- How to “Amplify Learning” and take advantage of continual learning opportunities
- “Real-time” and continuous Retrospectives to reflect, tune, adjust
- The theory of why Mob Programming is effective.
- Test-Driven Development (TDD) as a team
- Working with Product Owners, Business Experts, Testers, Designers as part of the team
- Refactoring as a team
- Continuous feedback at all levels of granularit
Hands-on Exercises, Presentation, Interactive Dialogues, Simulations, Videos
- Introduction: Mob Programming Introduction, The basics of how it works
- Activity: The nature of software development
- Activity: Teamwork – a good thing
- Driver/Navigator teamwork Roles and Techniques
- Coding Dojo Demonstration: A simple demo of Mob Programming with volunteers from the participants.
- Advanced Mob Programming Concepts – Hands on coding
- Coding Exercise: Working on a Sample Project, learning to work together using a few rules
- Amplified Learning,
- How to take advantage of learning opportunities
- Continuing the Coding Exercise: Removing the rules
- Retrospective and review, group discussion of what we’ve learned
The Workshop Coach
Woody Zuill has over 20 years of experience as a developer and Agile Coach. He believes that code must be simple, clean, and maintainable so that we can realize the Agile promise of Responding to Change, and that we must constantly “Inspect and Adapt”. He has a passion tackling code that is hard to maintain and cleaning, refactoring, and bringing it back into a manageable state. Woody and his previous team at Hunter Industries are the originators of Mob Programming, a “whole-team” approach to teamwork in software development, and frequently speaks on this topic at user groups, conferences, and meet-ups.
Woody has delivered workshops, trainings, and coaching sessions on Agile Software Development, Mob Programming, and Software Development Practices for a number of firms including Ericsson, Schneider Electric, Qualcomm, Intel, H & M, King Games and Spotify. He brings his passion for teams, teamwork, safety, Anzeneering, and Agile Software Development to everything he does.
He believes we can always find a way to improve our abilities, skills, workplace, industry, and world by paying attention and rapidly taking countless, continuous tiny steps in the direction of “better”. The accumulation of these tiny steps leads to many wonderful things.
1. You must attend Woodys talk “A introduction to Mob Programming” – A Breakfast Seminar to start the day off 19:th of October 8.30.
2. The Workshop group will be divided into teams of five in order to mimic development teams, all roles are of interest in the workshop and diversity of competence does make it better. But having minimum one developer in each team is needed in order to make the workshop function smoothly.
This means your registration is binding but it doesn’t automatically ensures a place in the Workshop. It all depends on what competences are needed to complete the teams.
Date and location
Date: October 19:th 2018
Tid: 08.30-17.00, breakfast is served from 08.00
Location: Spårvagnshallarna, Birger Jarlsgatan 57 A in Stockholm
Behöver du annan hjälp med ditt kvalitetsarbete
Att vi trivs och mår bra på jobbet är viktigt för många av oss. Men det finns många faktorer som spelar in när det kommer till vad som gör att vi trivs eller inte. En stor påverkan är den kultur som finns på arbetsplatsen. I det här blogginlägget tittar vi därför närmare på några viktiga […]